I’m a fan of any recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to make and these are up there as a favourite.
Not only are they fast to prepare, they also keep in the fridge/freezer for at least a couple of weeks. If I’m going to do a long cycle session (on the turbo right now), I’ll plate a few up and put them next to my bike for a mid-way munch as I’m climbing up the hills of Watopia.
Hazelnut and date energy balls
- 125 g hazelnuts chopped
- 50 g desiccated coconut
- 175 g pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 g melted dark chocolate
- Blend the hazelnuts, Medjool dates and coconut in a food processor.
- Melt the dark chocolate. If you're using a microwave, put the chocolate in for no more than 15 seconds at a time, stir, then repeat until fully melted. It should be in the microwave for a total time of about 90 seconds.
- Combine everything in the bowl and stir together. Then add in the sea salt and vanilla extract.
- Roll into balls and place on some baking paper. If you want, roll the balls in some cocoa or coconut.
- Either freeze or refrigerate. They’ll last about two weeks in the fridge and longer in the freezer.