- 400 ml vegetable stock
- 250 g beluga lentils (drained)
- 120 g mixed variety mushrooms (chopped)
- 30 g sunflower seeds (chopped)
- 20 g plant-based butter
- 1 large white onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp marmite
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 block puff pastry
- Heat the butter in a pan that's on medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- In another pan with no oil, cook the mushrooms on a medium heat for 4 mins to make them sweat and bring out the nutty flavour. Once done, add to the pan with the onion.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on a low/medium heat for 15 minutes until it's nice and thick.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F or gas mark 4.
- Roll the pastry out into a long rectangle. In the middle of the rectangle place a line of the sausage roll mix. On one side of the pastry, brush some dairy-free milk down the side. Then, pull the other side of the pastry over the mix and use the milk to create a seal.
- Brush the top with dairy-free milk and sprinkle some more mixed herbs on top.
- Put in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the tops are brown and crispy.
- Once cooked, allow to cool and cut into small slices.